- Dr Smith graduated (MB, BS) from Sydney University with 1st class honours in 1997.
- He completed residency, and basic surgical training at Royal North Shore Hospital and subsequently Prince of Wales Private Hospital in Sydney.
- He commenced advanced ENT training in NSW in 2001, and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (otolaryngology, head and neck surgery) in 2005.
- He undertook post-fellowship training through Oxford Deanery-ENT at Wexham Park Hospital in the United Kingdom.
- Whilst overseas, he had subspecialist training in endoscopic sinus surgery, rhinoseptoplasty and middle ear surgery.
- Dr Smith has trained extensively, and excels at managing all aspects of general Paediatric and Adult ENT surgery.
- He has particular interests in Paediatric ENT surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, nasal airway surgery and functional and cosmetic rhinoseptoplasty.
- He consults at Miranda and Annandale and is able to provide definitive ENT treament for children and adults in the clinic setting, as well as in the public and private hospital systems.