- Dr Smith graduated (MB, BS) from Sydney University with 1st class honours in 1997.
- He completed residency, and basic surgical training at Royal North Shore Hospital and subsequently Prince of Wales Private Hospital in Sydney.
- He commenced advanced ENT training in NSW in 2001, and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (otolaryngology, head and neck surgery) in 2005.
- He undertook post-fellowship training through Oxford Deanery-ENT at Wexham Park Hospital in the United Kingdom.
- Whilst overseas, he had subspecialist training in endoscopic sinus surgery, rhinoseptoplasty and middle ear surgery.
- Dr Smith has trained extensively, and excels at managing all aspects of general Paediatric and Adult ENT surgery.
- He has particular interests in Paediatric ENT surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, nasal airway surgery and functional and cosmetic rhinoseptoplasty.
- He consults at Miranda and is able to provide definitive ENT treatment for children and adults in the clinic setting, as well as in the public and private hospital systems.