DR TED SMITH
Visit our location
- Shire Family ENT is a group practice that focuses not only on the highest level medical care, but also on communication.
- Dr Andrew Bridger, Dr Edward Smith, Dr Sean Flanagan and Dr Justine Millar continue the tradition of our senior colleagues, Dr Robert Payten and Dr Ian Cole who have been providing high quality children’s and adults’ ENT care to patients of the Sutherland Shire, since the 1970s.
- We ensure that you are an active participant in planning the assessment and treatment for you or your children
- Our doctors are not unnecessarily keen to operate, and where possible, look to non-surgical solutions.
- We do not force surgery as an option, but come to that decision with the patient and their family when everyone is sure that there is no other alternative.
- If in doubt, it is always better to wait and see how you or your child progress for another few months, and reassess at that stage.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
Between our consultant surgeons, we provide definitive care in:
- Bleeding nose
- Broken nose
- Middle ear infections
- Hearing loss/ glue ear
- Snoring/ Sleep apnoea
- Nasal Obstruction
- Treatment of enlarged turbinates
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
- Voice and airway issues
- Nose and sinus issues
- Rhinoseptoplasty/ Revision Rhinoplasty/ Nasal reconstruction
- Snoring/ sleep apnoea
- Middle ear/ mastoid problems
- Skull base/ inner ear issues
- Head and neck cancer
- Laryngology/ voice issues/husky voice
- Hearing loss/ tinnitus
- Irritated throat
AUDIOLOGY SERVICE, HEARING AIDS
- We have an on-site audiology service in Miranda run by Jane Horan and Rebecca Higham
- We provide comprehensive hearing tests for adults, and children of all ages
- We provide a definitive, ethical hearing aid service to people from the Sutherland Shire
- as well as providing hearing aids and ear plugs for water precautions, or noise protection.
WE TAKE PRIDE IN PROVIDING QUALITY ENT AND HEARING CARE FOR FAMILIES IN THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE
- Drs Bridger, Smith, Flanagan and Miller all have regular operating lists at Kareena Hospital
- Drs Smith, Flanagan and Miller have consultant ENT appointments at Sutherland and St George Hospitals
- Dr Bridger is able to provide care in the public system at Prince of Wales Hospital
- Dr Flanagan is also able to provide care in the public system at St Vincent’s hospital